These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip blondie bars are simple to make and made in one bowl. They are also gluten free and refined sugar free. These bars are the perfect grab and go snack, dessert or even make a good breakfast. They are soft, sweet and delicious.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in one bowl.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
The recipe is vegan, gluten free and nut free
These bars make the perfect healthy snack or dessert. You can even eat them for breakfast!
They are refined sugar free.
These baked oatmeal bars are made without any banana - perfect for banana haters.
Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Pour in dry ingredients and mix, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Add batter to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake.
Let bars cool, divide out and dig in!
- flax seeds
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- plant milk
- oat flour
- rolled oats
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Store the extra bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days or your freezer for up to 3 months.
You just need your oven and a baking dish for this recipe.
Can I leave out the sugar?
No the recipe will not work the same without sugar
What is the texture of these bars?
These bars are soft like blondies not crunch like granola bars.
- almond butter - can be subbed with peanut butter, cashew butter or sun butter for nut free. I don't suggest tahini because it is too liquidy
- flax eggs - I believe you can use two real eggs but I have not tested this
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey or another liquid sweetener
- coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown sugar
Other healthy vegan sweets to try
If you make these Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
These Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars are a delicious vegan bar recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾-1 cup chocolate chips
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.
If you cut the blondies while they are still hot they will be soft and crumbly, the longer you let them sit the firmer they will get.
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip bars, vegan oatmeal blondies, vegan oatmeal bars
Leave a Reply