I love a good sandwich. Although I do love chickpea salad, it seems like that is always the only plant based sandwich option. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a cauliflower salad sandwich option at a restaurant one time and I new that I had to recreate it at home. This vegan cauliflower salad sandwich is a delicious plant based sandwich option.
This cauliflower salad is simple to make and so delicious. You simply have to cut the cauliflower into small florets and then roast it until it's crispy. Then you make a simple yogurt sauce and toss the roasted cauliflower in it.
I love beans but I know some people don't. This cauliflower salad is a good bean free meat substitute, and it is gluten free and paleo. I love it on a sandwich but it would also be good in a wrap or on its own.
This recipe is also super healthy. Turmeric adds some anti-inflammatory properties and the cauliflower is anti cancer. Cilantro and jalapeno are cleansing for you. I used yogurt for extra gut healing properties but you could sub mayo if you like. This cauliflower salad is the perfect healthy and delicious recipe.
This bean free vegan sandwich is
- paleo, gluten free and plant based
- easy to make
- fully of healthy fats and fiber
- healthy for you
What ingredients do I need for a healthy cauliflower salad sandwich with yogurt?
- vegan yogurt
- olive oil
- lime or lemon
- black pepper
Other vegan sandwich recipes to try
- buffalo chicken sandwich
- tempeh bacon sandwich
- hummus cucumber sandwich
- vegan tofu wrap (by my friend Maxine)
If you try this vegan cauliflower salad sandwich please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Cauliflower Salad Sandwich
This vegan cauliflower salad sandwich is a delicious vegan sandwich recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
This makes 2-3 sandwiches
- 1 head cauliflower - finely chopped
- pinch salt/ pepper
- pinch cayenne
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- oil of choice
- ½ cup coconut or greek yogurt (could sub mayo)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 tbsp evoo
- 3 scallions - finely sliced
- ½ cup parsley or cilantro - finely chopped
- juice from ½ lime or lemon
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 1 small jalapeno - finely chopped with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt (use less salt if using mayo)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup hemp seeds - optional for protein
+ bread of choice and avocado for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower in oil and spices . Roast for 40 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking prepare the sauce by mixing together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking let cool for about 10 minutes and then toss in sauce. This can be served immediately or stored for 1-2 days.
- Serve on toasted bread with mashed avocado + any other condiments you please.