I have a huge sweet tooth, but if we are being honest I don't like baking. When I do bake, I want the recipe to be super easy to make. This Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread with Spelt Flour and Olive Oil is so easy to make and made with healthier ingredients.
I baked this banana bread with spelt flour, which is such a good alternative to all purpose flour. It has more nutrients but still rises well and is fluffy. This banana bread has much less sugar than your standard banana bread but is still plenty sweet. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacks or even breakfast.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan banana bread is
- easy to make
- healthier for you
- made in one bowl
- made with only 5 ingredients
- vegan, plant based, dairy free and egg free
What ingredients do I need to make this healthy banana bread recipe?
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- spelt flour
- baking powder
- chocolate chips - optional
- vanilla extract - optional
How do I make this vegan banana bread with spelt flour and olive oil?
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add batter to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool and dig in. So easy!
What can I substitute in this 5 ingredient banana bread?
- spelt flour can be subbed with all purpose flour (can be gf all purpose), DO NOT SUB WITH ANY OTHER FLOURS
- olive oil can be subbed with another liquid oil
- maple syrup can be subbed with honey or another liquid sweetener
Other vegan treats to try
If you make this Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread with Spelt Flour and Olive Oil, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread with Spelt Flour and Olive Oil
This vegan 5 ingredient banana bread with spelt flour and olive oil is a delicious and healthy banana bread recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 3 spotty bananas - mashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together bananas, olive oil, maple syrup, spelt flour and baking powder until smooth. Do not overmix the batter. If you are using chocolate chips, fold those in last.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out semi clean. I baked mine for 50 minutes on the dot.
- Let bread cool for an hour in the loaf pan before slicing. If you slice the bread before it is cool it will be crumbly.
Keywords: banana bread, 5 ingredient banana bread, vegan banana bread