I am always amazed with the beautiful colors in vegetables, case in point, purple cauliflower. This Purple Cauliflower Cottage Cheese Pasta (high protein) has a beautiful hue thanks to the cauliflower. Cottage cheese packs this pasta with creaminess and protein. The cauliflower and garlic also provide nutrients and antioxidants to this recipe. Yum!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
This recipe is the perfect vegetarian dinner.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan, high in protein and gluten free.
It is delicious and perfect for spring.
The cottage cheese makes this pasta so creamy.
Bake garlic and cauliflower.
Blend together sauce.
Top with basil and dig in.
- vegetable broth
- cottage cheese
- nutritional yeast
The extra pasta can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to two days. The sauce will seem thick and gummy but will loosen up once reheated.
You just need an oven and your blender for this recipe. I love my Vitamix 7500 series. It is an investment but I had my last vitamix for over 10 years!
What does cottage cheese taste like?
Cottage cheese has a rich cheesy flavor, similar to ricotta.
What is the best cottage cheese?
Hands down my favorite cottage cheese is Good Culture. It is 100% organic and grass fed.
Can I use any cauliflower in this recipe?
Yes, any cauliflower works. It does not have to be purple, however I do like the color the purple cauliflower yields in this recipe.
- parsley/basil - can be subbed with your favorite herb
- cottage cheese - can be subbed with cashews to make this pasta vegan
Other pasta recipes to try
If you make this Purple Cauliflower Cottage Cheese Pasta (high protein), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Purple Cauliflower Cottage Cheese Pasta (high protein)
- 1 small head purple cauliflower can use regular cauliflower too
- 1 bulb garlic with the top cut off
- 1 tablespoon oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup reserved pasta water make sure it is well salted
- juice form ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast can sub parmesan
- ½ cup full fat cottage cheese I like good culture
- +3-4 servings cooked pasta of choice
- +¼ cup fresh chopped basil or parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add cauliflower to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the bulb of garlic to the same sheet pan as the cauliflower.
- Roast garlic and cauliflower for 35-45 minutes, until everything is cooked through and browned.
- Add garlic and cauliflower to a blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to the sauce if needed, I personally did not add more salt because my cottage cheese was salty enough.
- Mix sauce with pasta and top with herbs if using. Divide out and serve.