Garlic Parmesan Smashed Cauliflower - the perfect veggie side dish. This cauliflower is so good yet simple to make. It goes perfectly with any protein or eaten on its own as a snack. Yum!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in your oven.
Thanks to the cauliflower this side dish is low in carbs and packed with protein.
It is vegetarian and gluten free.
It is the perfect veggie side and goes so well with any protein.
- Garlic powder
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- nutritional yeast - could be subbed with parmesan.
Coat cauliflower in parmesan, oil, and spices.
Serve and enjoy.
You can store the extra cauliflower in a sealed container for up to 3 days but please note the fries will lose their crisp as time goes on.
Do not over boil your cauliflower. This will cause the cauliflower to be mushy.
No all parmesan is vegetarian so be sure to pick a vegetarian one if that is important to you.
Personally I do not like raw cauliflower. In my opinion cauliflower tastes best when it is baked like this recipe is.
Both are equally nutritious in their own right. Cauliflower has more potassium and less carbs than broccoli.
Other veggie sides to try
If you make these Garlic Parmesan Smashed Cauliflower, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼-1/3 cup grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add cauliflower florets to a pot of boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes. You want the florets to be smashable but not mushy.
- Add florets to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Pat dry any access water. Coat florets with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan.
- Bake cauliflower for 30-40 minutes, until browned and crisp.