Spring is in the air and this vegan lemon tahini pasta with peas and zucchini screams spring. This pasta is rich and creamy while still being dairy free. It is also a high protein vegan pasta recipe thanks to the frozen peas. The scallions in this pasta also impart a zesty spring flavor. You can get almost all of the produce for this pasta from your local spring farmers market. You will love this recipe!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
This recipe is the perfect vegan dinner.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan, high in protein and gluten free.
It is delicious and perfect for spring.
It is creamy without any dairy and is packed with flavor thanks to the scallions.
Cook your veggies until softened.
Mix together tahini sauce.
Pour sauce over pasta and veggies and mix until combined.
Let cool and dig in!
- frozen peas - for plant based protein
- tahini - for vegan creaminess
- pasta water
- nutritional yeast - for vegan cheesy flavor
- miso pasta - for umami flavor
The extra pasta can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to two days. The sauce will seem thick and gummy but will loosen up once reheated.
You just need a skillet and your stove top for this recipe.
What does tahini taste like?
Tahini has a rich nutty flavor similar to peanut butter but less strong.
What is the best tahini?
Hands down my favorite tahini is Soom tahini. It is creamy, rich and not bitter at all. This is the only tahini I will buy!
- parsley - can be subbed with your favorite herb
- tahini - can be subbed with cashew butter
Other veggie sides to try
If you make this Vegan Lemon Tahini Pasta with Peas and Zucchini, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Lemon Tahini Pasta with Peas and Zucchini
This Vegan Lemon Tahini Pasta with Peas and Zucchini is a delicious and healthy pasta recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: italian american
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 bunch scallions - finely sliced
- 1 small zuchinni - cut in half and finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt/pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon miso paste (optional, for flavor)
- about 3 cups dried pasta of choice - cooked
- ¼ cup parsley or herb of choice
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and zucchini and cook for about 6 more minutes, until veggies have started to soften. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Finally add in frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes, until everything has softened and is cooked through.
- Mix together sauce ingredients in a jar or measuring cup.
- Add pasta to the pan with the veggies over low heat. Pour over sauce and mix until combined. Top with fresh parsley. Dig in and enjoy.
Keywords: Vegan Lemon Tahini Pasta with Peas and Zucchini, tahini pasta
Love this recipe, so good!