Whenever I am craving comfort food, my go to is pasta. Personally, I love making a creamy pasta sauce from veggies. That way, I get all of the comfort with a sneaky dose of nutrients as well. This vegan roasted red pepper and carrot pasta with hemp seeds is my latest pasta recipe and it is so good.
This pasta is pretty easy to make, and is insanely delicious. It will become a recipe that you make again and again. Plus, it is a perfect way to sneak in veggies to a veggie skeptic. Since this pasta uses hemp seeds it is creamy and vegan without using nuts. Hemp seeds also add a boost of protein.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan creamy roasted red pepper and carrot pasta is
- easy to make
- creamy and delicious
- nut free
- made creamy with hemp seeds
- made without cashews
- healthy for you
- packed with veggies
What ingredients do I need to make a vegan roasted red pepper and carrot pasta?
- red bell peppers
- nutritional yeast
- miso paste
- plant milk
- reserved pasta water
- hemp seeds
- pasta of choice
Instructions to make vegan creamy hemp seed pasta
- Add your veggies to a sheet pan and roast until softened.
- Blend veggies until smooth along with the rest of your sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over your pasta and toss to combine. Enjoy!
How do I store the leftover creamy vegan pasta without cashews?
The leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The sauce will thicken so reheat the pasta to make the pasta silky again.
If you make this vegan roasted red pepper and carrot pasta with hemp seeds, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
vegan roasted red pepper and carrot pasta with hemp seeds
This vegan creamy carrot and red pepper pasta is to die for.
This makes enough sauce for 1 small box of pasta, so 2-4 servings
- 4 carrots - chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ onion - peeled with the ends chopped off
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bulb garlic - top cut off
- 2 red bell peppers - quartered
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp miso paste (can sub soy sauce or omit, but it does add flavor)
- salt/pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lemon
- ¾ cup unsweetened and unflavored plant milk
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water (make sure it is well salted)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 box cooked pasta of choice
- ½ cup roughly chopped basil (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Do not use a baking dish because the carrots will not cook fast enough.
- Roast veggies for 40-45 minutes, until carrots have softened.
- Remove garlic from bulb (I squeezed mine) and add to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend sauce until smooth. Pour sauce over your favorite pasta and top with basil. Dig in.