Introducing pizza cottage cheese grilled cheese. This recipe is so good! Even cottage cheese haters will love this recipe. This grilled cheese is full of protein and so dang good. It makes a great vegetarian lunch or dinner. It is ready in 15 minutes with minimal clean up!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
The recipe is vegetarian, gluten free, and high in protein
This grilled cheese makes the perfect lunch or dinner.
It is delicious!
Mix together buffalo sauce.
Add filling to grilled cheese.
Cook until browned on each side in a skillet over medium heat.
- cottage cheese - the star of the show here, this adds lots of protein to our recipe
- tomato sauce
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- sundried tomatoes - for extra pizza flavor
I do not recommend prepping this grilled cheese ahead of time because it will get soggy but you could store the extra grilled cheese for up to 24 hours in a sealed container in your fridge.
You just need your your skillet and a stove top for this recipe.
What does cottage cheese taste like?
Cottage cheese reminds me of mozzarella or ricotta.
- basil - can be subbed with parsley
- cottage cheese - can be subbed with mozzarella
Other healthy sandwich recipes
If you make this Pizza Cottage Cheese Grilled Cheese, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Pizza Cottage Cheese Grilled Cheese
This Pizza Cottage Cheese Grilled Cheese is a delicious healthy grilled cheese recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
- 2 pieces bread of choice
- ~1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 sundried tomatoes - finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Spread tomato sauce on one piece of bread and cottage cheese on the other side. Add basil to one piece of bread and sundried tomatoes to the other piece. Sprinkle over garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Close sandwich.
- Head oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add grilled cheese and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until bread is crisped and browned to your liking.
- Slice into grilled cheese and enjoy/
Keywords: Pizza Cottage Cheese Grilled Cheese, cottage cheese grilled cheese
This recipe is delish!