Introducing Crispy Mediterranean White Bean Tacos - the best vegetarian (and potentially vegan) taco recipe. This recipe is easy to make and healthy for you. These might be my favorite tacos I have ever made. So good and so flavorful!
Why you'll love this recipe
The mediterranean flavors in these tacos are out of this world.
This recipe is extremely easy to make.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, and can be made vegan and gluten free.
These tacos are high in vegetarian protein.
Cook beans and aromatics.
Mash beans in pan.
Add filling to tacos and bake.
Divide out tacos and serve!
- black pepper
- tomato paste
- dill - can be subbed with parsley, basil or cilantro.
- feta cheese - can be subbed with goat cheese. It can also be omitted but then the tacos will not bind as well.
The extra tacos can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 24 hours. I ate mine the next day for lunch!
You just need an oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
It all depends on the type of feta you use. You can use vegan feta to keep it vegan or omit it.
A good quality feta will add a ton of flavor to this recipe. I love Mt. Vikos feta.
Other taco recipes
If you make these Crispy Mediterranean White Bean Tacos, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
These tacos would be so good with my homemade yogurt sauce!
Crispy Mediterranean White Bean Tacos
- 1 small yellow or sweet onion - diced
- 1 jalapeno - seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons za'atar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your preference
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cans or jars white beans - drained
- ½ cup dill - finely chopped from 1 small bunch dill
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 block crumbled vegan or regular feta
- 8 tacos shells I recommend using flour but corn works too
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat, using a potato masher mash bean mixture until mixture starts to bind together.
- Warm the taco shells in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. They should be soft and bendable. Add taco shells to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. To each shell add 2-3 tablespoons of bean mixture. Top with feta if using and fold closed. To make sure the taco shells stay closed, carefully flip the taco shells so the bean mixture is on the top half.
- Bake tacos for 8-10 minutes, flip and then bake for another 8-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy. These tacos taste amazing with yogurt dip or tzatziki!