You either love tofu or hate it. And this girl LOVES it. I make tofu at least once a week, it is packed with protein and always leaves me so satisfied after eating it. One of the best parts about tofu is how easily it absorbs flavors. Literally any flavor works with tofu.This miso glazed savory baked tofu recipe is perfect for a tofu lover.
The tofu is drenched in a delicious and flavorful miso sauce, and then roasted until crisp. Miso adds a depth of umami flavors and some gut friendly probiotics. Additions of vinegar, lemon and maple syrup really tie this sauce together.
The instructions for this recipe are pretty simple. First you cube your tofu, then mix up your sauce. Next toss your tofu in the sauce and let it marinate for at least 10 minutes. Lastly, roast up your tofu and now you have a delicious tofu dinner or lunch.
I kept this recipe simple and did not include instructions for any sides so you could adapt it as you please. However I did serve mine with roasted kabocha squash which was so good. If you want to include squash with your tofu just add it to the sheet pan with some salt, pepper and oil and roast it for the same amount of time.
This tofu would make a perfect meal prep option. You could cook it ahead of time and add it to bowls, salads and soups throughout the week. Tofu is a great vegan protein option because it is a complete protein.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is baked in your oven and easy to make
- Thanks to the tofu it is high in protein
- It is super healthy for you
- It is gluten free and made without flour
What ingredients do I need for miso roasted tofu?
- tofu - Tofu makes this recipe high in protein.
- miso paste - Miso paste adds umami flavor.
- ginger - Ginger adds the best flavor.
- soy sauce - Soy sauce adds umami flavor.
- rice wine vinegar - This adds acidity.
- lemon - This adds acidity.
- cornstarch or arrowroot powder - This is essential for crisping up the tofu.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds subtle sweetness to our sauce.
You can store the extra tofu in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe Pro Tips
Use a good quality super firm tofu for the best results. I love the trader joes brand of tofu.
Most grocery stores carry miso. I have gotten mine at Whole Foods, Trader Joes as well as local grocery stores.
Miso is usually made out of fermented soy beans but I have also gotten chickpea miso before.
Other tofu recipes to try:
I hope you try this miso glazed savory baked tofu, it is a delicious way to eat tofu. Please leave a rating and review if you make this recipe.
If you do try this recipe, tag me on Instagram so I can repost you.
miso glazed savory baked tofu
- 1 block firm tofu - cubed and pressed
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce or aminos
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- + sides of choice I went with roasted squash and rice
- Mix together your miso sauce ingredients.
- Toss your cubed tofu in the miso sauce and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Put tofu on a lined sheet pan, reserving the excess sauce. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss cooked tofu in miso sauce. Serve with your favorite sides. I went with roasted squash and rice