I was planning out my recipes for the weekend and the best idea hit me. Salt and vinegar tofu! I was so excited I made it the next day in my new air fryer. This Crispy Salt and Vinegar Air Fried Tofu will be your new favorite tofu recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
This salt and vinegar tofu is
- vegan, gluten free, vegetarian and plant based
- easy to make
- high in protein
Ingredients for air fryer salt and vinegar tofu
- garlic powder
Add this tofu to...
- nourish bowls
- stir frys
- ... or eat it on its own!
Instructions for crispy air fried tofu with arrowroot starch
It is so easy!
- Coat tofu in oil, spices, vinegar and starch.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and shake halfway through.
- Let cool and dig in!
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Yes, simply bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
WHAT AIR FRYER DO I USE?
I debated for a long time what air fryer to purchase. I settled on the Ninja Foodie XL and I am so happy with it. It is big enough to cook most things in one go around.
Other yummy tofu recipes
If you make this Crispy Salt and Vinegar Air Fried Tofu, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Crispy Salt and Vinegar Air Fried Tofu
This crispy salt and vinegar air fried tofu is the perfect way to enjoy tofu.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu - drained and cubed
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or sub another culinary vinegar)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your preference)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add cubed tofu to a bowl. Pour over oil and vinegar. Shake bowl or toss with a spatula to fully combine.
- Pour spices over tofu and shake or toss to combine again. Lastly add in starch 1 tablespoon at a time, shaking or tossing after adding each tbsp.
- Let tofu sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb the vinegar.
- Add tofu in an even layer to your air fryer.
- Air fry tofu for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees in your air fryer. Shake once halfway through.
- Let cool and enjoy. Top with more vinegar and salt if desired.
Keywords: Salt and vinegar tofu, air fryer tofu
Leave a Reply