Call me a stereotypical vegan but I love tofu! It is one of my favorite proteins and I eat it weekly at least. That being said not all tofu is created equal and I have had plenty of bad tofu. This lemon basil tofu is a delicious way to eat tofu and it is easy to make too!
This tofu is make in just one pan in about 15 minutes. The lemon, basil, olive oil combo adds such a good flavor to the tofu plus antioxidants and healthy fats. I had mine with broccoli but it would also taste great in a salad. Nothing screams summer like lemon basil and this is the perfect summery tofu recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe:
- It's high in protein
- It's vegan, gluten free, plant based and gluten free
- It's easy to make
- It is packed with fresh lemon and basil flavor
- za'atar or italian seasoning
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
Instructions for pan fried tofu
- Cook tofu in pan until it starts to brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- Basil can be subbed with parsley
Other tofu recipes to try
If you make this lemon basil tofu please leave me a rating and review on this recipe. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Lemon Basil Tofu
This lemon basil tofu is a delicious tofu recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
- 1 block tofu - cubed and pressed
- 1 tsp za'atar or italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice from 1 lemon
+ optional sides of rice and roasted broccoli
- Lightly coat a pan with oil (additional oil to the ¼ cup added later). Add tofu along with a generous pinch of salt/pepper and za'atar. Cook until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook for 10-15 more minutes tossing occasionally until the tofu is cooked through.
- Serve tofu with your favorite sides. I went with roasted broccoli and rice.
Keywords: lemon tofu, lemon basil tofu
I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I love eat healthy and i like vegan recipes. This is the most delicious tofu varriation what I ever ate.? I recommed you give it a try!?