Harvest Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad- a delicious fall salad. Since this salad has no lettuce and uses brussels sprouts as the base it will not get soggy. This salad is vegetarian but so satisfying.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 40 minutes.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Thanks to the chickpeas this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall salad.
- delicata squash
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- brussels sprouts
- cheddar cheese
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- olive oil - can be subbed with avocado oil.
- almonds - can be subbed with cashews.
- apple cider vinegar - can be subbed with any culinary vinegar.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey.
- delicata squash - can be subbed with butternut squash or sweet potato.
Bake chickpeas, squash and almonds.
Mix together dressing.
Toss together salad.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Use a good quality olive oil for the best tasting dressing. I love Thrive Market olive oil or Brightland.
I recommend shredded the brussels sprouts using a mandoline or food processor for best results.
Yes, brussels sprouts are full of fiber and anti cancer properties.
One of my favorite way to enjoy brussels sprouts is shredded like they are in this recipe.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make these Harvest Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox every week.
Harvest Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 food processor optional but this does make shredding the brussels easier
- 1 cup almonds - roughly chopped
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas - drained
- 1 delicata squash - sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnmaon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Maple Honey Mustard Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic - grated
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
Other Salad Ingredients
- 20 brussels sprouts - shredded I shaved mine in a food processor, you could also finely chop them
- 1 block cheddar cheese - finely diced
- 1 apple finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add squash, almonds and chickpeas to a bowl. Toss with oil, maple syrup and the rest of the ingredients under the baked section. Add to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl and toss with dressing. Divide out and serve.