Introducing Crispy Pizza White Bean Tacos (vegetarian). This recipe is easy to make and healthy for you. These are one of my favorite tacos I have ever made. So delicious and flavorful.
Why you'll love this recipe
The pizza flavors in these tacos are out of this world.
This recipe is extremely easy to make.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, and can be made vegan and gluten free.
These tacos are high in vegetarian protein.
Cook onions, peppers and garlic.
Add all remaining ingredients to the pan and cook and then mash beans.
Add filling to tacos and bake.
Divide out tacos and serve!
- bell pepper
- black pepper
- pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- taco shells
The extra tacos can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 24 hours. I ate mine the next day for lunch!
You just need an oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Are these tacos vegan?
It all depends on the type of mozzarella you use. You can use vegan feta to keep it vegan or omit it.
- basil- can be subbed with parsley
- mozzarella cheese - can use vegan cheese or omit
Other taco recipes
If you make these Crispy Pizza White Bean Tacos (vegetarian), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Crispy Pizza White Bean Tacos (vegetarian)
- 1 small yellow or sweet onion - diced
- 1 bell pepper - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your preference
- black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup tomato pasta sauce marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 cans or jars white beans - drained and patted dry
- ½ cup basil - finely chopped
- Other ingredients
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella adjust to your preference
- 8 tacos shells I recommend using flour but corn works too
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat, using a potato masher mash bean mixture until mixture starts to bind together.
- Warm the taco shells in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. They should be soft and bendable. Add taco shells to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. To each shell add 2-3 tablespoons of bean mixture. Top with mozzarella and fold close. To make sure the taco shells stay closed, carefully flip the taco shells so the bean mixture is on the top half.
- Bake tacos for 8-10 minutes, flip and then bake for another 8-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy. These tacos taste amazing with pizza sauce or pasta sauce.