Cinnamon Maple Cardamom Roasted Delicata Squash - the perfect fall veggie side dish. This Delicata Squash is super simple to make yet full of flavor.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in your oven.
The cinnamon, maple and cardamom give this squash perfect fall flavor.
It is vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
It is the perfect veggie side and goes so well with any protein.
- delicata squash
- avocado oil
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- cardamom - this can be omitted.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey.
Toss together delicata squash with all ingredients.
Bake delicata squash.
You can store the extra delicata squash in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Use a fresh delicata squash for the best tasting results.
It taste similar but is sweeter with a smoother texture.
Yes! The skin gets very soft when roasted.
Other veggie sides to try
If you make this Cinnamon Maple Cardamom Roasted Delicata Squash, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Cinnamon Maple Cardamom Roasted Delicata Squash
- 1 delicata squash - sliced
- ½ tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom optional but I love the flavor this adds
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add squash to a bowl and toss with all other ingredients.
- Add squash to a sheet pan and roast for 20-30 minutes. Ovens vary but you want your squash to be slightly browned and softened.