Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. It is in season right now and I have been loading up on it at the farmers market. My latest broccoli recipe is this crispy baked smashed broccoli and I am obsessed.
This is the perfect broccoli recipe to serve to a broccoli hater. The broccoli gets so crispy and almost buttery. The key to getting the crisp on the broccoli is boiling it first, and then baking it. Yum. I kept this recipe super simple, but you could jazz it up with your favorite herbs and spices.
Let's get into the recipe.
This garlic smashed broccoli is
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- the perfect plant based side dish
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- made in your oven on one sheet pan
- flavorful and delicious
Ingredients for smashed crispy broccoli bites
- garlic powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to crispy roasted and smashed broccoli
Step 1: Boil broccoli for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Add broccoli to a sheet pan, smash and coat in oil and spices.
Step 3: Bake broccoli for 25-35 minutes until crisp.
- Garlic powder- can be subbed with your favorite spice
You just need your oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Storage instructions for cr
The leftover broccoli can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days. Please note, it will lose its crisp after a day.
Other vegan sides
If you make this crispy smashed broccoli, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Crispy Baked Smashed Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli - cut or ripped into small florets
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- ¾-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Add broccoli to a pot of boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add boiled broccoli to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Using a glass or jar, smash each piece of broccoli.
- Evenly coat broccoli in oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake broccoli for 25-35 minutes, until crisp and browned. Dig in.