Don't get me wrong, there is no substitute for potato french fries. I love fries and eat them often, but sometimes I like to mix it up. These Air Fried Crispy Spiced Carrot Fries (vegan) will be your new favorite healthy side dish.
These fries are crisped up in the air fryer and use limited ingredients. If you don't have an air fryer, no worries I also added in oven directions.
Let's get into the recipe.
These crispy carrot fries with paprika and garlic are
- easy to make
- high in vitamin a
- the perfect plant based snack
What ingredients do I need to make air fried carrot fries?
- neutral oil
- arrowroot starch/flour or cornstarch
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
- maple syrup
How do I make air fried carrot fries?
- Toss carrots in spices, oil and starch.
- Add to the air fryer.
- Air fry for 15-17 minutes.
What air fryer do I use?
I have the ninja xl air fryer and I absolutely love it. It is big enough to hold everything you are cooking.
Other yummy plant based sides to try:
If you make these Air Fried Crispy Spiced Carrot Fries (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Air Fried Crispy Spiced Carrot Fries (vegan)
These air fried crispy spiced carrot fries are a delicious vegan side dish.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 18
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- 4 carrots - sliced into fries
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (I like avocado)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional for extra flavor)
Sriracha Tahini Sauce (optional but recommended)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- pinch black pepper
- Toss carrots with oil, spices and starch.
- Add carrots to air fryer in an even layer.
- Air fry carrots for 15-17 minutes at 400 degrees until slightly browned and crisp. Shake once halfway through. If you do not have an air fryer, roasted at 425 degrees on a lined sheet pan for about 30 minutes.
- Make your sriracha tahini sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Dip fries into tahini sauce and enjoy.
Keywords: carrot fries, air fried carrot fries