My crispy oven baked tofu is one of my most popular tofu recipes. Now that I have an air fryer I knew I had to make an air fryer version. These Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Sriracha Tahini Sauce will be your new favorite way to eat tofu.
Let's get into the recipe.
This crispy air fryer tofu is
- easy to make
- ready in less than 20 minutes
- high in protein
- healthy for you
- perfect for lunch or dinner
- paired with a delicious sriracha tahini sauce
How do I make crispy air fried tofu nuggets?
- Coat tofu in starch and spices. The starch is key!
- Add tofu to an even layer to your air fryer. Air fry for about 15 minutes or until crispy, shaking halfway through.
- Let tofu cool and serve with sriracha tahini sauce.
What ingredients do I need to make air fryer tofu with sriracha tahini sauce?
- Avocado oil
- Soy Sauce
- Nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- maple syrup
- soy sauce
Can I make this in the oven?
Yes. You would follow all the same steps except you would bake the tofu at 425 degrees on a lined sheet pan for 30-35 minutes. Here is the more detailed recipe for crispy oven baked tofu.
WHAT AIR FRYER DO I USE?
I debated for a long time what air fryer to purchase. I settled on the Ninja Foodie XL and I am so happy with it. It is big enough to cook most things in one go around.
Other yummy tofu recipes
IF YOU TRY THIS Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Sriracha Tahini Sauce PLEASE LEAVE ME A RATING AND REVIEW, THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SUPPORT ME!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Sriracha Tahini Sauce
These crispy air fryer tofu nuggets with sriracha tahini sauce are a delicious way to eat tofu.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 block extra firm tofu – pressed and cubed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch/powder or cornstarch
- pinch salt and pepper
Sriracha Tahini Sauce (optional but recommended)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- pinch black pepper
- Add tofu to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients until fully coated, adding in starch ½ tablespoon at a time.
- Add tofu to air fryer in an even layer. Air fry at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
- Make your sriracha tahini sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve tofu with sriracha tahini sauce and enjoy!
I've made this three times now. We dropped the vinegar from the dipping sauce and only used 1/2 TBL sriracha. Excellent quick and easy snack. Using a good tahini is essential.