I used to love salt and vinegar chips in college and would get them as a pregame snack. Now I rarely eat chips, but I do still love salt and vinegar. These Crispy Roasted Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas (air fryer option) are a healthy way to satisfy that chip craving.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is easy to make and can be made in the air fryer or oven.
- Thanks to the chickpeas it is the perfect high protein snack.
- It is vegan, gluten free and grain free.
Ingredients for air fryer salt and vinegar chickpeas
- black pepper
- garlic powder
I do not suggest any substitutions for this recipe.
Toss together chickpeas with oil and spices.
Air fryer chickpeas until crisp.
You can store the extra chickpeas in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days. keep in mind they will lose their crisp as time goes on.
I love my Ninja XL air fryer. I have tried a bunch of air fryers and this one is my favorite.
Chickpeas are a legume.
Yes, chickpeas are super healthy for you and can be eaten every day.
Air fryers do all vary in temperature so make sure to check on your chickpeas so they do not burn.
Other plant based snacks and sides
If you make these Crispy Roasted Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas (air fryer option) please leave me a rating and review on this blog post! This is the best way to support me.
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you.
crispy roasted salt and vinegar chickpeas (air fryer option)
- 1 air fryer optional, can be made in oven
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or sub another culinary grade vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your saltiness preference
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. (ignore if using air fryer)
- oven: Toss chickpeas in oil, vinegar and spices. Add chickpeas to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Air fryer: Toss chickpeas in oil, vinegar and spices. Add chickpeas to air fryer and air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and eat!