Squash is one of my favorite vegetables. I love all varieties but kabocha squash is . something special. This Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free) is my new favorite way to enjoy kabocha squash.
This kabocha squash is very easy to make and healthy for you. I recommend pairing this squash with my air fried tofu recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
This air fried kabocha squash is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of healthy fats and fiber
- perfect for fall
- full of vitamins
- kabocha squash
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
1.) Mix kabocha squash with oil and spices.
2.) Air fry or bake kabocha squash for 15-17 minutes.
3.) Let cool and enjoy!
Substitutions for air fried kabocha squash
- you can sub kabocha squash for another squash like butternut
- paprika and garlic powder could be subbed with other spices
What air fryer do I use?
I have the ninja foodie XL air fryer and I love it.
Kabocha squash can be found at most grocery stores. I have gotten it from both whole foods and trader joes.
Kabocha squash has a sweet flavor similar to butternut squash
The leftover squash can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for 1-2 days.
Other plant based sides to try
If you make this Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free)
- 1 kabocha squash - cut into "fries" could sub butternut squash or another squash
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast optional but helps with crispness and flavor
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Toss kabocha squash with oil, salt, nutritional yeast, paprika and garlic powder until evenly
- Add squash to the air fryer in an even layer. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your squash.
- Air fry squash fries at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes until cooked through and browned. If you don't have an air fryer add the squash to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let fries cool for 5 minutes. The fries will crisp up more as they cool
- Serve fries with your favorite toppings and sides.