Squash is one of my favorite vegetables. I love all varieties but kabocha squash is . something special. This Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free) is my new favorite way to enjoy kabocha squash.
This kabocha squash is very easy to make and healthy for you. I recommend pairing this squash with my air fried tofu recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
This air fried kabocha squash is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of healthy fats and fiber
- perfect for fall
- full of vitamins
Ingredients for kabocha squash fries
- kabocha squash
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make air fried kabocha squash fries
1.) Mix kabocha squash with oil and spices.
2.) Air fry or bake kabocha squash for 15-17 minutes.
3.) Let cool and enjoy!
Substitutions for air fried kabocha squash
- you can sub kabocha squash for another squash like butternut
- paprika and garlic powder could be subbed with other spices
What air fryer do I use?
I have the ninja foodie XL air fryer and I love it.
Storage instructions for air fryer kabocha squash fries
The leftover salad can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for 1-2 days.
Other plant based sides to try
If you make this Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free)
These Air Fryer Kabocha Squash Fries (vegan + gluten free) are a delicious plant based snack recipe
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- 1 kabocha squash - cut into "fries" (could sub butternut squash or another squash)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional but helps with crispness and flavor)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Toss kabocha squash with oil, salt, nutritional yeast, paprika and garlic powder until evenly
- Add squash to the air fryer in an even layer. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your squash.
- Air fry squash fries at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes until cooked through and browned. If you don't have an air fryer add the squash to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let fries cool for 5 minutes. The fries will crisp up more as they cool
- Serve fries with your favorite toppings and sides.