Gnocchi is my favorite pasta, something about it is just so comforting. When I was in Italy I ate gnocchi almost every day. This Creamy Acorn Squash Gnocchi Pasta with Crispy White Beans is a delicious recipe for gnocchi lovers.
This pasta is so good. Acorn squash is not commonly used for pasta sauces like butternut squash, but it should be! It is so good. This pasta also has warming herbs like thyme and rosemary. It is the ultimate comfort meal.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based.
- It is easy to make, you just bake and then blend!
- It is healthy for you.
- Thanks to the white beans this recipe is higher in protein.
- It is full of sneaky veggies yet so comforting!
- garlic - Garlic is a must.
- acorn squash - Acorn Squash is the sauce base for our recipe.
- pasta water - This thins out our sauce.
- coconut milk - Coconut milk makes our sauce creamy and delicious.
- thyme - Thyme adds richy herby flavor to the sauce.
- rosemary - Rosemary adds rich herby flavor the the sauce.
- paprika - Paprika adds spice.
- lemon - Lemon adds acidity and rounds out the flavors of the sauce.
- nutritional yeast - Nutritional yeast adds cheesy flavor to the sauce.
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: Cook acorn squash, garlic and white beans.
Step 2: Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend.
Step 3: Mix together sauce, pasta and white beans. Dig in and enjoy!
- Nutritional yeast- can be subbed with cheese if you are not vegan, or 1 tablespoon miso or soy sauce
- Coconut milk- can be subbed with another thick creamy milk
- Gnocchi- can be subbed with any pasta you please
I used my vitamix for this recipe, which I love. But, you could use any blender or even a food processor.
Storage instructions for Creamy Vegan Acorn Squash Pasta
The leftover pasta can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Acorn squash has less vitamin A but more fiber than butternut squash. They are both healthy options!
Acorn squash has a more mild flavor than butternut squash.
For the best tasting sauce make sure that your sauce is fully blended and creamy.
Other healthy pastas to try
If you make this Creamy Acorn Squash Gnocchi Pasta with Crispy White beans, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
vegan creamy acorn squash gnocchi with crispy white beans
- 1 acorn squash - seeded and cut in half
- 1 can white beans - drained and patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic
- leaves 1 sprig thyme or sub ¼ teaspoon dried
- leaves from 1 sprig rosemary or sub ¼ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup reserved pasta water make sure it is salty
- salt/pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat acorn squash in oil, salt and pepper. Place face down on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Add beans to the parchment paper and coat with salt and pepper. Lastly add garlic to the sheet pan.
- Roast squash and beans for 30-35 minutes until browned. Roast garlic until brown and then remove, this will take about 30 minutes.
- Set aside white beans. Remove squash flesh from skin, and add to the blender with all other ingredients except for white beans. Blend until smooth.
- Mix together pasta, sauce and crispy white beans. Dig in.