Baked Feta Pumpkin Pasta - a delicious fall pasta recipe. This is a fall version of the viral baked feta pasta. It could not be more simple to make. All you have to do is bake up your feta and garlic and then blender together the sauce. I kept this recipe simple but feel free to add in your favorite protein.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
No extensive cleanup for this recipe, it is made on one sheet pan and your blender.
It is vegetarian and can be made gluten free and vegan.
Thanks to the feta this recipe has some protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner for fall.
- Feta - Feta is the base for our sauce and adds salty umami flavor.
- Pumpkin - Pumpkin adds fall flair to the sauce.
- Pasta water - Pasta water is essential for thinning the sauce.
- Garlic - Garlic is a must have.
- Thyme - Thyme adds fall flavor to the sauce.
- Basil - In my opinion basil is a must.
- Pasta - I used gluten free banza pasta but any pasta works!
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- basil - can be omitted or subbed with parsley.
- pumpkin - can be subbed with about 1 mashed sweet potato or butternut squash.
- feta - vegan feta can be used here.
Bake feta and garlic.
Blend together sauce.
Toss sauce with pasta and serve.
You can store the extra pasta in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
You need a blender for this recipe. I love my vitamix.
Use a good quality feta and canned pumpkin for the best tasting pasta. I love Mt Vikos Feta and Farmer's Market canned pumpkin puree.
Use chickpea pasta for extra protein. This sauce would also taste so yummy with some white beans.
No, feta is made from sheep's milk or a combination of sheep and goats milk making it not dairy free.
No, feta is not vegan since it has dairy. It is vegetarian though.
Technically it is a fruit.
Other pasta recipes to try
If you make these Baked Feta Pumpkin Pasta, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Baked Feta Pumpkin Pasta
- 1 blender
- 1 block feta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- ½-1 cup reserved pasta water* Adjust to your sauce thickness preference. I used a little more than ½ a cup for my sauce.
- 1 8-10 ounce box pasta - cooked I used banza
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add feta and garlic cloves to a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove the garlic. Bake feta for 10-20 more minutes until it has started to brown and soften.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss sauce with pasta. Top with basil and dig in.