Fall Chopped Kale Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette - a delicious fall salad. Since this salad has a kale base it is hearty and will not get soggy. This salad screams fall with the pumpkin, sweet potato and radishes.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 40 minutes.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Thanks to the beans and cheese this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall salad.
- sweet potato - Sweet potato is a must for fall.
- white beans - White beans add protein.
- olive oil - Olive oil is the base for our dressing.
- thyme - Thyme adds fall herby flavor.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds fall inspired sweetness to the dressing.
- pumpkin puree - Pumpkin adds fall flavor to our dressing.
- garlic - Garlic is a must for dressing.
- kale - Kale is the base for our salad.
- apple - Apples add sweetness and crunch.
- radishes - Radishes add crunch.
- bell pepper - Bell pepper adds sweetness and crunch.
- parmesan - This adds saltiness and flavor to the salad.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- olive oil - can be subbed with avocado oil.
- parmesan- can be subbed with any cheese or omitted.
- apple cider vinegar - can be subbed with any culinary vinegar.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey.
- sweet potato - can be subbed with squash or carrots.
- white beans - can be subbed with chickpeas.
Bake sweet potatoes and white beans.
Mix together dressing.
Toss together salad.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Use a good quality olive oil for the best tasting dressing. I love Thrive Market olive oil or Brightland.
The smaller you chop the salad the better tasting it will be.
Kale has more calcium, vitamin k and vitamin C. However both are healthy options!
A chopped salad is one where the ingredients are chopped up super small. This makes the salad much more flavorful in my opinion!
Other salads to try
If you make these Fall Chopped Kale Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
Fall Chopped Kale Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- 2 cups diced sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 1 can white beans - drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to your saltiness preference
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 clove garlic - grated
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 bunch finely chopped kale I like dino kale but any works
- 1 apple diced into tiny cubes
- 1 bunch radishes - finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers - finely chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan or other hard cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add sweet potatoes and beans to a bowl. Toss with the rest of the ingredients under the roasted section.
- Bake sweet potatoes and beans for 30-35 minutes.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl or jar and mix until combined.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes and beans to a bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients. Pour over dressing and toss to combine.