Crispy Baked Smashed Honey Feta Butternut Squash - the perfect fall veggie side dish. This butternut squash super simple to make yet full of flavor. The salty feta tastes so good with the sweet honey. This is a side dish you will want to make again and again.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in your oven.
No boiling is required unlike most smashed veggie recipes.
It is vegetarian, and gluten free.
It is the perfect veggie side and goes so well with any protein.
- Butternut squash - This is the base for our recipe.
- Avocado oil - You can used any oil here.
- Honey - Honey adds sweetness.
- Garlic Powder - Garlic powder adds additional flavor.
- Feta - Feta adds saltiness.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Feta - You can sub parmesan.
- Honey - Can be subbed with maple syrup.
butternut squash in oil.
Roast butternut squash.
Cover in feta, smash and then bake again.
You can store the extra butternut squash in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. However they will lose their crisp.
Use a good quality feta for the best results. I like Mt. Vikos.
Butternut squash has fiber and lots of vitamins like vitamin a and c.
Personally I prefer the taste and texture of roasted butternut squash over boiled squash.
Other veggie sides to try
If you make this Crispy Baked Smashed Honey Feta Butternut Squash, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Crispy Baked Smashed Honey Feta Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash - cubed You want the pieces to be about 1 inch wide so they can easily be smashed.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil sub oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your saltiness preference
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add butternut squash to a bowl and toss with all ingredients except feta.
- Add butternut squash to a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove butternut squash from oven and smash with the bottom of a jar or glass. Add crumbled feta to squash.
- Turn up oven to 425 degrees and roast for another 15-20 more minutes, until the squash and feta is crisp.