Introducing Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding (magic shell), aka the perfect chia seed pudding for summer. This magic shell chia seed pudding is full of fresh strawberry flavor and pairs so well with the rich chocolate. This recipe is also rich in vitamin C and fiber thanks to the strawberries and chia seeds.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
This recipe is the perfect vegan dessert, snack or breakfast.
Thanks to the fruity strawberries this recipe is perfect for summer.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
Blend together strawberries, milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
Mix together chia seeds and strawberry milk. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Cover with chocolate and let set. Dig in!
Ingredients for magic shell chia pudding
- chia seeds
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
- coconut oil
The extra burrito bowl can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You just need your fridge and a blender for this recipe.
Can I eat this for breakfast?
Yes this chia seed pudding is healthy enough for breakfast!
What blender do I use?
I love my vitamix 7500 series. It is an investment but my last vitamix lasted for over 10 years.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey
Other chia pudding recipes
If you make this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding (magic shell), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Try my friend Krista's Banana Chia Pudding for another amazing chia pudding recipe.
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding (magic shell)
- 3 strawberries
- ¾ cup milk of choice I used almond
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Add strawberries, milk, vanilla and maple syrup to a blender and blend until fully combined.
- Add strawberry milk mixture to a jar or bowl along with chia seeds. Mix until fully combined.
- Refrigerate chia pudding for at least 1 hour or overnight. It is recommended to stir the chia pudding after 10 minutes to prevent clumping.
- Once chia pudding is set, melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil. I melted mine in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour chocolate mixture in an even layer over the top of the chia pudding. Refrigerate chia pudding for 5-10 minutes, until chocolate is set. Dig in.