Happy fall! Apples are so fresh right now and I have been loving adding them into my recipes. This Chocolate Apple Pie Protein Smoothie With Dates and Cauliflower is my latest apple recipe and it is so good.
I love this smoothie for breakfast because it is so filling thanks to the protein powder and avocado. It makes two servings of smoothie so it is the perfect make ahead breakfast recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
This chocolate apple smoothie is
- easy to make
- vegan, dairy free and gluten free
- healthy for you
- the perfect fall breakfast
What ingredients do I need to make a chocolate apple smoothie?
- chia seeds
- almond butter
- protein powder
WHAT BLENDER DO I HAVE?
I have a vitamix 7500 series. This blender is an investment that will last you for 10+ years. I absolutely love mine.
WHAT PROTEIN DO I LIKE?
I have tried at least 10 different protein powders and my favorite is Sprout Living. I get the vanilla lucuma but all of the flavors are good! I love this one because it is a complete protein source with no fillers or gums. They also use things like real vanilla or cacao so the protein doesn’t taste like chemicals. Go here to purchase and use code avocadoskillet20 for 20% off!
Can you put raw cauliflower in a smoothie?
Yes! Raw cauliflower is perfectly healthy for you and blends up nicely. You won't taste it!
How do I freeze cauliflower for a smoothie?
- Chop up a fresh head of cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a bag and freeze.
- Use cauliflower as needed for your smoothies.
Other healthy vegan smoothie recipes to try:
THIS SMOOTHIE GOES GREAT WITH MY HOMEMADE GRANOLA.
IF YOU MAKE THIS Chocolate Apple Pie Protein Smoothie With Dates and Cauliflower, PLEASE LEAVE ME A RATING AND REVIEW ON THIS BLOG POST. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SUPPORT ME!
TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU!Print
Chocolate Apple Pie Protein Smoothie With Dates and Cauliflower
This makes 2 servings of smoothie
- 2 small apples
- 1 ripe banana (frozen is best)
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower florets (I freeze mine from fresh)
- ¼ avocado
- 1 pitted medjool date (can omit but adds a nice flavor)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 servings protein powder (I like vanilla Sprout Living, use code avocadoskillet for 20% off)
- 1-2 cups water (adjust to your thickness preference)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Store extra smoothie in your fridge in a sealed jar for up to 24 hours.
Leave a Reply