Chipotle Maple Roasted Carrots- the perfect veggie side dish. These carrots are super simple to make yet full of flavor. The sweet maple syrup pairs so well with the smoky and spicy chipotle powder. These carrots pair so well with any protein like tofu or salmon.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in your oven.
It is vegetarian, dairy free and vegan.
It is the perfect veggie side and goes so well with any protein.
Ingredients for sweet and spicy baked carrots
- Carrots - Carrots are our base here, the sweetness of the carrots pairs so well with the smoky chipotle.
- Oil - Oil is a must for the best tasting baked carrots. I like avocado oil.
- Maple syrup - Maple syrup adds sweetness to this recipe.
- Chipotle powder - Chipotle powder adds a rich and smokey flavor and spice.
- Garlic powder - Garlic powder adds additional flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Maple syrup - You can sub honey.
- Chipotle powder - Chili powder would be a good substitute here.
Toss carrots in oil and spices.
Serve with your favorite toppings and protein..
You can store the extra carrots in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Use fresh carrots that are hard and firm for the best tasting carrots.
Carrots have fiber and lots of vitamins like vitamin a and c.
Personally I prefer the taste and texture of roasted carrots over boiled carrots.
Chipotle has a spicy and smokey flavor.
Other veggie sides to try
If you make this Chipotle Maple Roasted Carrots, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Chipotle Maple Carrots
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to your salt level preference
- black pepper to taste
- 3 large carrots - roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss carrots with all ingredients. Add to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve with your favorite protein.