Introducing baked hot honey carrots (air fryer option), aka the best carrots you will ever eat. Thanks to the honey glaze these carrots get crunchy and sweet in the oven. Paired the the red pepper flakes they have the perfect sweet and spicy combination. These carrots can be made in the air fryer or the oven.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
The carrots are honey glazed, sweet and spicy.
This recipe is healthy for you and will turn a carrot hater into a carrot lover.
These carrots are is dairy free, vegetarian and gluten free.
Add carrots to a bowl and toss with oil, honey and spices.
Add carrots to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake.
Let cool and dig in!
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
The extra carrots can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need your oven for this recipe. If you're looking for an air fryer recommendation I recommend the Ninja XL.
Can I make this vegan?
Yes you can use maple syrup.
Can I use frozen carrots?
No I do not recommend using frozen carrots for this recipe.
- honey - can be subbed with maple syrup
Other veggie sides
If you make these Sweet potato oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Baked Hot Honey Carrots (air fryer option)
These Baked Hot Honey Carrots (air fryer option) will be your new favorite way to eat carrots.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american,
- 3 large carrots - cut into ½ inch thick pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to your flavor preference)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add carrots to a bowl and toss with honey, oil and spices. Add carrots to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through. Air fryer option: Add carrots to air fryer and air fry at 400 for 8-11 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
- Let carrots cool and serve with your favorite protein.
Keywords: hot honey carrots, baked hot honey carrots
This is my new favorite way to eat carrots!