This Asian Lentil and Green Bean Salad with Sesame Dressing is my latest salad obsession. I have made it twice in the past week - it is that good. The sesame ginger dressing pairs so well with the crunchy vegetables.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made and only requires minimal cooking.
The lentils pack this recipe with plant protein.
The recipe is vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
Mix together dressing in bowl.
Toss together salad with all salad ingredients and dressing.
Serve fries with your favorite toppings and sides.
- green beans
- sesame oil
- bell pepper
- maple syrup
- soy sauce
- red onion
You can store the salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need your stove top and some bowls for this recipe.
What is the protein source in this recipe?
Lentils provide lots of plant protein in this recipe.
- mint - sub with cilantro or your favorite herb
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey
Other salad recipes
If you make this Asian Lentil and Green Bean Salad with Sesame Dressing, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Asian Lentil and Green Bean Salad with Sesame Dressing
- Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans - cut in half with stems removed if needed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- pinch salt/pepper
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Other Salad Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups lentils
- 2 large red bell peppers - diced
- 1 small red onion - diced
- 1 bunch mint - finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cashews - roughly chopped or crushed
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green beans, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 5 minutes, or until green beans are cooked through.
- Mix together dressing in a bowl.
- Add dressing, green beans and the rest of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine and dig in.