Air Fryer Zucchini Hummus Toast - the perfect healthy toast recipe. This toast comes together in less than 15 minutes and makes a great healthy lunch or snack. I paired mine with some scrambled eggs. This toast is also a great way to sneak in some veggies.
I love making healthy toasts. Not only are they fun to make, they are nutritious.
This toast would taste so yummy paired with my chimichurri eggs!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
It is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and can be made vegan.
Thanks to the hummus this toast has some protein.
- bread - This is the base for our toast, I recommend using sourdough.
- zucchini - Zucchini adds veggies and texture to this toast.
- hummus - Hummus is our protein rich base.
- feta - This adds salty umami flavor.
- lemon - Lemon rounds out the recipe with some acidity.
- parsley - Parsley adds fresh herby flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- chickpeas - these can be subbed with any bean
- parsley - this can be subbed with mint or cilantro
- lemon - this can be subbed with lime
Add toppings to toast.
Air fry toast until crisp.
Serve with toasty bread and desired toppings.
Use a mandoline to get your zucchini super thin.
Use a good quality bread for the best tasting toast, I love sourdough.
An air fryer is suggested for this recipe, I love my ninja XL.
You can store the extra toast in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 1 day.
Chickpeas are safe for birds to eat, but I wouldn't feed them this recipe!
Yes, garbanzo bean and chickpea is an interchangeable name for the same yummy bean.
Yes! Chickpeas are full of protein, fiber, iron, b vitamins, magnesium and potassium.
Other healthy toast recipes
If you make this air fryer zucchini hummus toast, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Air Fryer Zucchini Hummus Toast
- 1 piece sourdough sub bread of choice
- 2-3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta
- juice from ½ lemon
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 4-5 thin slices zucchini
- Top toast with hummus and zucchini. Drizzle over lemon and feta. Add salt and pepper.
- Air fry toast for 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Top toast with parsley and serve.