These Crispy Garlic Roasted or Air Fried Chickpeas are life changing. They are so easy to make and so flavorful and crunchy. I included instructions for both air fryer and oven, but I love to make mine in my air fryer.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is vegan, gluten free, grain free and vegetarian.
- Thanks to the chickpeas it is high in protein.
- It is perfect for a snack or salad topper.
- No complicated recipe here - these chickpeas are easy to make and made with only 6 ingredients.
- garlic powder
- Spices - feel free to swap in your favorite spices here.
- Coat chickpeas in spices and oil.
- Roast chickpeas for 30 minutes or air fry for 15.
- That's it!
I debated for a long time what air fryer to purchase. I settled on the Ninja Foodie XL and I am so happy with it. It is big enough to cook most things in one go around.
Chickpeas are a legume which makes them high in protein.
All air fryers cook differently so be sure to check on your chickpeas so they do not overcook.
Other vegan air fryer recipes to try
If you make these Crispy Garlic Roasted or Air Fried Chickpeas, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you.
Crispy garlic roasted or air fried chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to your saltiness preference
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Mix together chickpeas with oil and spices.
- Oven option: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add chickpeas to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast for 30-35 minutes. Air fry option: Add chickpeas to your air fryer in an even layer. Air fry at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes shaking once halfway through.
- Let chickpeas cool and enjoy.