Sweet potatoes are my favorite, especially for baking. I have been trying to cut back on sugar, so I made these 4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Oatmeal Cookies (vegan). These cookies have no added sweetener unless you add chocolate chips.
These cookies are not very sweet, so if you want them sweeter I recommend adding some coconut sugar. They would be perfect for breakfast because they have both oatmeal and almond butter. I love them for a healthy snack.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love these sweet potato oatmeal cookies
- They are vegan and gluten free.
- They are easy to make and made in one bowl.
- Thanks to the sweet potato and oats they are healthy for you.
- No extensive ingredient list here - these are made with only 4 ingredients.
- They are perfect for a breakfast or snack.
- Besides the chocolate chips these cookies are unsweetened.
What ingredients do I need to make sweet potato oatmeal cookies?
- mashed sweet potato
- rolled oats
- almond butter
- chocolate chips (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- almond butter - this can be subbed with peanut butter or cashew butter. Sunflower seed butter would work for a nut free sub.
How do I make 4 ingredient sweet potato cookies?
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Form cookies and bake.
- Dig in!
The leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days or you can freeze them and store them for months.
Make sure to stir your nut butter so it is not too thin and liquidy.
Yes, sweet potato is full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamins like vitamin A.
Other vegan cookie recipes to try
If you make these 4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Oatmeal Cookies (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
For a unique sweet potato cookie recipe try my purple sweet potato chocolate chip cookies.
4 INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO OATMEAL COOKIES (VEGAN)
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter can sub another nut butter
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Form 8-9 cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. These cookies will not spread so flatten them lightly with your hand.
- Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes. I baked mine for 12 on the dot.