Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Pita Sandwich
I am on a vegan sandwich kick right now. This Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Pita Sandwich is my latest sandwich recipe. It's easy to make, flavorful and everything you could want in a sandwich.
Let's get into the recipe.
This chickpea pita sandwich is
- vegan, vegetarian, plant based and dairy free
- easy to make
- ready in 15 minutes or less
- packed with sneaky vegetables
- high in protein
- made without mayo
What do I need to make curried chickpea salad?
- red onion
- curry powder
- black pepper
- vegan or greek yogurt
- olive oil
- pita bread or bread
What can I substitute in this recipe
- While I used vegan yogurt, you could use greek if you are not vegan. Mayo could also be used but make sure to go easy on the added salt if you use mayo.
Other vegan sandwich recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Pita Sandwich please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 bunch cilantro - finely chopped
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ cup vegan or greek yogurt (I like coconut, you could also use mayo but go easy on the salt if so)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
+ pita bread or bread of choice
- Mix together all chickpea salad ingredients.
- Add chickpea salad to pita or whatever other bread you want to use. It can also be eaten alone.
Leave a Reply