I have been very into sandwiches lately. There is nothing better than a delicious sandwich on fresh toasted sourdough. Yum. This Crispy air fried oyster mushroom sandwich (vegan) is one of my new favorite sandwich recipes.
Let's get into the recipe:
This crispy oyster mushroom sandwich is
- vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, plant based and dairy free
- easy to make
- made in your air fryer
- healthy for you
- perfect for lunch or dinner
How do I make an air fried mushroom sandwich?
- Toss mushrooms in oil, soy sauce, vinegar and spices.
- Air fry mushrooms for 12-15 minutes.
- Mix aioli ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add air fried oyster mushrooms to your favorite bread with aioli and avocado.
What do I need to make this crispy oyster mushroom sandwich?
- oyster mushrooms
- soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- garlic powder
- black pepper
Where do I buy oyster mushrooms?
I got mine from Whole Foods. If you can not find them at your local grocery store I suggest checking out an asian grocery store because they will definitely have it.
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Yes. You would follow the same steps except instead of air frying, bake your mushrooms at 425 for about 20 minutes on a lined sheet pan.
WHAT AIR FRYER DO I USE?
I debated for a long time what air fryer to purchase. I settled on the Ninja Foodie XL and I am so happy with it. It is big enough to cook most things in one go around.
Other yummy plant based sandwich recipes to try
If you make this Crispy air fried oyster mushroom sandwich (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Crispy air fried oyster mushroom sandwich (vegan)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes enough for 1-2 sandwiches. I personally ate the leftover mushrooms with the rest of the aioli.
- 1 8 oz pack of oyster mushrooms - ripped apart into individual mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or corn starch
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp mustard (I used stone ground)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- pinch salt/pepper
+toasted bread of choice and avocado or any other
- Add oyster mushrooms to a bowl. Toss oyster mushrooms in soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, starch, oil and spices until completely coated.
- Add mushrooms to an even layer to your air fryer.
- Air fry mushrooms at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the air fry tray halfway through. The mushrooms should be crisp but not burnt.
- While mushrooms are air frying, make your aioli. Mix all aioli ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread aioli on toasted bread for your sandwich. Add mushrooms and avocado to your sandwich and enjoy.
Leave a Reply