Don't come for me, but I am not the biggest fake meat fan. Since I have not eaten meat for 10+ years fake meats kind of scare me lol. Very occasionally I will go for an impossible burger but overall I prefer plants in their whole form. I love these Crispy Baked Mushroom Lentil Tacos (vegan) because they are filled with a tasty mushroom lentil "meat".
Mushrooms and lentils together have a great texture that I would say is kind of meaty! Plus the lentil mushroom combo adds a healthy dose of plant protein.
Overall this recipe is pretty easy to make. It comes together in 30 minutes on your stovetop and oven. The taco shells crisp up so nicely in the oven, this might be my new favorite way to eat tacos!
These oven roasted lentil and mushroom tacos are
- vegan, dairy free and plant based
- healthy for you
- easy to make
- perfect for lunch or dinner
Ingredients for high protein vegan lentil mushroom tacos
- garlic cloves
- bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
Substitutions for healthy lentil mushroom tacos
- lentils- can be subbed with black beans
- cilantro- can be subbed with parsley or left out
What taco shells did I use?
I used Siete chickpea flour tacos shells which I personally love because they add extra protein to whatever you make them with!
Other yummy recipes to try
- vegan cowboy caviar burrito
- crispy air fried oyster mushroom sandwich
- mediterranean tofu buddha bowl
If you make these Crispy Baked Mushroom Lentil Tacos (vegan), please leave me a rating and review. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Crispy Baked Mushroom Lentil Tacos (vegan)
These crispy baked mushroom lentil tacos are the perfect vegan dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes 5-6 tacos
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 medium bell pepper - finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- spices 1 tsp of each - chili powder, smoke paprika, cumin
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro (sub or omit if you don't like cilantro)
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 heaping cup cooked lentils
+ 6 taco shells of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and remaining ingredients except for salsa and lentils. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more oil or soy sauce if the pan gets dry. Add salsa and lentils and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Warm tortillas until they are softened. I microwaved mine 3 at a time for 30-45 seconds. Fill each shell with filling and fold on a lined sheet pan. I put another sheet pan on top to ensure that the tacos would not open.
- Bake tacos for 15 minutes. Let cool and serve with desired sides. I went with coconut yogurt and salsa.
Leave a Reply