Personally, I love vegetables and have never had a problem eating them. However, the way vegetables are prepared can drastically change the way they taste. A great way to sneak in veggies to a veggie hater is to make a pasta sauce out of them. This Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Lemon and Basil is a delicious way to sneak in veggies.
All you need for this recipe is a few ingredients you have on hand. The zucchini, onions and garlic are cooked up in a pan and then thrown into a blender with the rest of the ingredients. That makes this a 15 minute meal, perfect for those hectic weeknights. For some extra protein I added white beans, but feel free to sub out whatever protein you choose!
This creamy zucchini pasta is
- vegan, vegetarian, plant based and gluten free
- packed with veggies
- easy to make
- delicious and flavorful
- nutritional yeast
- reserved pasta water
- plant milk
- cashew butter
Cook your veggies in a pan.
Blend together sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
Store the leftover pasta in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
What does zucchini pasta sauce taste like?
This pasta sauce has the best flavor. Its cheesy and flavorful with a bright veggie flavor. Seriously, the best!
- Basil - can be subbed with parsley
- Cashew butter - can be subbed with raw cashews or tahini
Other vegan pasta recipes to try
If you make this Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Lemon and Basil, let me know what you think in the comments!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Lemon and Basil
- ½ onion - finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 medium or 4 small zucchinis - roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water make sure it is heavily salted
- ¾ cup plant milk
- ¼ cup cashew butter can sub tahini if allergic
- 1 cup basil
- juice from ½ lemon
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2-4 servings cooked pasta
- 1 can white beans optional
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and zucchini. Cook until tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Add zucchini, garlic and onion to a blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Mix sauce with pasta and white beans if using.