Introducing crispy baked smashed zucchini - the veggie side you never knew you needed. This zucchini is vegan and so good. Even zucchini haters will love this recipe. It makes the perfect veggie snack or side.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
This recipe is the perfect veggie side.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
It is delicious and perfect for spring.
Add zucchini to a sheet pan, smash and cover in spices.
Let cool and dig in!
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
The extra zucchini can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 24 hours. The zucchini will lose its crisp when stored.
You just need a sheet pan, and your oven for this recipe.
Can I make this recipe without boiling the zucchini first?
No, boiling the zucchini first is crucial to getting it smashable.
- garlic powder - can be subbed with your favorite spice
- nutritional yeast - can be subbed with parmesan
Other veggie sides to try
If you make this Crispy Baked Smashed Zucchini, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Crispy Baked Smashed Zucchini
This crispy baked smashed zucchini is the zucchini recipe of your dreams.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 medium zucchini - cut into ~¼ inch thick pieces
- splash oil (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (can sub parmesan)
- ¼- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add sliced zucchini to boiling water. Boil for 4-5 minutes, you want the zucchini to be soft enough to smash but not mushy.
- Add zucchini to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Using the bottom of a jar or glass smash each piece of zucchini. After you have smashed the zucchini use a paper towel or cloth to absorb the water that has been release from the zucchini.
- Coat zucchini in oil, yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until zucchini pieces are crisp.*
- Let zucchini cool for 5-10 minutes. The zucchini will crisp up more as it sits. Dig in and enjoy!
*If you notice some zucchini pieces are starting to brown and crisp before others take them out of the oven and let the others continue to cook. This can happen if your zucchini is uneven in size.
Keywords: Crispy Baked Smashed Zucchini
Leave a Reply