Broccoli seems to be the type of vegetable that you either love or hate. Personally, it is one of my favorite vegetables but I do think it is often cooked poorly. However, this Bang Bang Broccoli (vegan) is perfect even if you don't like broccoli. It gets crisped up in the oven and emulsified with a tasty sauce.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is easy to make.
- Even broccoli haters will love this broccoli.
- This broccoli is vegan, vegetarian, and can be made gluten free.
- This recipe makes a delicious asian inspired side dish.
Mix together your batter.
Toss broccoli in batter, add to a sheet pan and bake.
Mix together bang bang sauce.
Toss broccoli in sauce, top with garnishes and dig in!
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
The extra broccoli can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 24 hours. I do not recommend storing longer than this as it will get soggy.
- Flour - you can use gluten free all purpose, all purpose, spelt, or chickpea flour for this recipe. I do not recommend using other flours.
- Sriracha - hot sauce or sweet chili sauce also works for this recipe.
- Mayo - vegan or regular mayo work for this recipe or you can use cashew butter or greek yogurt
Other veggie sides to try
If you make Bang Bang Broccoli (vegan) recipe, let me know what you think in the comments!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Bang Bang Broccoli (vegan)
This bang bang broccoli (vegan) is a delicious way to enjoy broccoli.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: asian fusion
- 1 large head or 2 small head broccoli (about 4 cups) - cut into florets
- 1 cup plant milk (can sub regular milk)
- ¾ cup all purpose, spelt, or chickpea flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour/starch or cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ vegan or regular mayo
- juice from ½ lime
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
+optional garnishes of scallions and sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together your batter ingredients until a thick paste forms. Add broccoli to the bowl with the batter and toss until every floret is covered in batter
- Add broccoli to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crisp.
- While broccoli is cooking, add bang bang sauce to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Let broccoli cool for 5 minutes and then toss with bang bang sauce.
- Top broccoli with garnishes of choice and serve with your favorite protein.
Keywords: bang bang broccoli