Sweet potatoes are so good in baked goods. I love the sweet fall flavor they add. These Sweet Potato Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (vegan and healthy) are a delicious way to utilize sweet potatoes in baking.
These bars are so easy to make, you just need one bowl and no mixer is required. They are also made with healthier ingredients and less sugar than most desserts.
Let's get into the recipe.
These sweet potato bars are
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of healthy fats and fiber
Ingredients for sweet potato chocolate chip bars
- sweet potato
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- plant milk
- coconut oil
- oat flour
- rolled oats
- chocolate chips
- baking powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make sweet potato oatmeal bars
1.) Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix. Pour in dry ingredients and mix. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
2.) Add batter to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
4.) Let cool, slice and enjoy.
- Almond butter can be subbed with another nut or seed butter. I do not recommend using tahini because it is too liquidy.
- You can omit chocolate chips or sub them with nuts
- Maple syrup can be subbed with honey
- Coconut sugar could be subbed with brown sugar
- I do not recommend subbing the oats or flour
- Sweet potato could be subbed with banana or pumpkin but of course than these would not be sweet potato bars
Other healthy treats to try
If you make this Sweet Potato Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (vegan and healthy), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (vegan and healthy)
These Sweet Potato Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (vegan and healthy) are an easy to make and delicious healthy treat.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 9 bars
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup mashed and cooked sweet potato
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¾-1 cup chocolate chips
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.
Keywords: sweet potato bars, oatmeal bars, chocolate chip oatmeal bars