I am obsessed with making healthier for you treats. This Chocolate Oat Flour Mug Cake with Olive Oil (Vegan) is the perfect healthy treat.
This mug cake tastes like a brownie, it is so freakin good. Thanks to oat flour it is also gluten free.
This healthy oat flour mug cake is
- made with healthy ingredients
- gluten free, vegan and dairy free
- refined sugar free
- an easy healthy treat
- oat flour - Oat flour is the base for the recipe and makes it a little healthier.
- cacao - Cacao adds rich chocolate flavor.
- olive oil - Olive oil provides moisture.
- coconut sugar - Coconut sugar is the sweetener.
- plant milk - Plant milk provides moisture.
- salt - Salt balances out the sweetness.
- vanilla extract - Vanilla is a must.
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for making chocolate oat flour mug cake
Step 1: Mix together all ingredients except for chocolate chips until smooth.
Step 2: Top with chocolate chips.
Step 3: Microwave
- Olive oil - can be subbed with coconut oil or another neutral oil
- Coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown or white sugar
- Cacao - can be subbed with cocoa powder
- Oat flour - this can probably be subbed for all purpose flour, but I do not recommend
No special equipment needed here. However I do love using these ramekins for my mug cakes.
Storage instructions for single serve brownie mug cake
Although this only makes one serving, you could technically make this mug cake ahead of time and store it in a covered ramekin or mug for up to 24 or so hours.
Other vegan treats to try
If you make this Chocolate Oat Flour Mug Cake with Olive Oil (Vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Chocolate Oat Flour Mug Cake with Olive Oil (Vegan)
- 3 tablespoon oat flour
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar can sub brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon plant milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate chips to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a ramekin or mug. Mix until just combined.
- Top with chocolate chips if using
- Microwave for 50-80 seconds. I microwaved mine for 60 seconds on the dot and it came out perfect.