I know tofu can be controversial, but personally I love it. Unfortunately I went years barely eating it because I fed into the BS hype about it being bad for your hormones. If you're interested to know, the estrogen in soy products is not the same as the estrogen in our bodies so it does not affect your hormones.
This Sticky Orange Chicken Tofu (Vegan) is my latest creation. I love the flavor orange lends to the tofu and I ate the whole meal in one sitting.
This sweet and sticky orange tofu recipe is
- Easy to make
- Packed with protein and vitamin c
How to make crispy and sticky orange tofu
- Cube your tofu and coat it in starch, soy sauce and oil. Then roast your tofu for 30 minutes to get it crispy
- Make your sauce by mixing orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, starch and mustard. Then simmer your sauce until it thickens.
- Serve tofu with your favorite toppings and sides and dig in!
What ingredients do I need for sticky orange tofu?
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- arrowroot starch
- orange juice
- maple syrup
- arrowroot powder
- rice vinegar
The extras can be stored in your fridge for up to 2 days
Other yummy tofu recipes to try
If you try this Sticky Orange Chicken Tofu (Vegan), please leave me a rating and review. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Sticky Orange Chicken Tofu (Vegan)
This sticky orange chicken tofu is a delicious and easy to make tofu recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: asian
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu - cubed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or sub aminos)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice (from 1-2 medium oranges)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp arrowroot powder/starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Roasted Broccoli
- Scallions (for toppings)
- Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- Red Pepper Flakes (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix tofu with soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium to large sized bowl. Add in starch 1 tablespoon at a time and shake to fully combine.
- Roast tofu for 30-40 minutes on a lined sheet pan until it starts to crisp.
- When your tofu is almost done cooking whisk together your sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into a skillet over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until the sauce has started to thicken, whisking as it heats up.
- Mix tofu with sauce and serve with whatever sides and toppings you desire.
Keywords: tofu, orange chicken tofu
First time I successfully made tofu at home! I will definitely be making it again!
yay thanks for trying!
Do you mean mustard like the spice or mustard like you'd put on a sandwich? Going to give this a try as soon as I know.
Hi jodi. Mustard in a bottle like what you would add to a sandwich.