Mediterranean Vegan White Bean Stew With Capers and Dill
Who doesn't love a good stew, especially with the weather turning cooler. This Mediterranean Vegan White Bean Stew With Capers and Dill is my favorite stew I have made lately.
I added various mediterranean flavors such as lemon, za'atar, harissa and capers. They all work so well together and make this stew so fresh tasting. This stew is made in one pot and so easy to make also.
Let's get into the recipe
This vegan white bean stew with capers and dill is
- easy to make
- higher in protein
- healthy for you
- full of veggies and fiber
- made in one pot
What do I need to make mediterranean white bean stew?
- white beans
- harissa paste
- vegetable broth
- olive oil
What can I substitute in this recipe?
- white beans can be subbed with chickpeas
- harissa can be subbed with tomato paste (flavor will be altered)
- za'atar can be subbed with oregano
- dill can be subbed with parsley or basil
Other vegan stew and soup recipes to try
If you make this Mediterranean Vegan White Bean Stew With Capers and Dill, please leave me a rating and review. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes 2-3 servings of stew.
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers - finely chopped
- 2 cans white beans - drained
- ¼ cup capers
- juice from 1 lemon (only use half if you don't like a strong lemon flavor)
- 2 tbsp harissa paste (can sub tomato paste)
- 1 tsp za'atar (sub oregano if you can't find za'atar)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup dill - finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth (add more if you want a brothier stew)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for swirling on top)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion to the pot and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic, pepper and celery to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Swirl olive oil on top.
- Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 10-15 more minutes.