I love crispy chickpeas, and when you cover them with cacao and sweetener they taste very similar to cocoa puffs! No these do not taste exactly like the real thing, they are a lot less sweet. However these healthy vegan cocoa puffs are a great alternative.
These cocoa puffs make a healthy and high protein vegan snack. They are delicious and so easy to make! The cacao also provides a high antioxidant content to this recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
These vegan cocoa puffs are
- healthy for you
- easy to make
- higher in protein
- full of antioxidants thanks to the cacao
What ingredients do I need to make cocoa puffs made from chickpeas?
- maple syrup
- cacao powder
How do I make cocoa puffs made from oil free air fried chickpeas?
- Coat chickpeas in cacao, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Air fry or bake chickpeas until crisp.
Are cocoa puffs vegan?
Yes but, the ingredient list is terrible.
How do I store the leftovers?
Add leftover chickpeas to a sealed container and store in your fridge for 2-3 days.
WHAT AIRFRYER DO I HAVE?
I have the ninja foodie XL air fryer and I love it.
Other healthy vegan snacks to try
If you make these healthy vegan cocoa puffs, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
healthy vegan cocoa puffs
These healthy vegan cocoa puffs are made from chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and patted dry
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ½ tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and toss together with maple syrup, cacao, vanilla and salt. Try to make sure every chickpea is evenly coated.
- Air fryer instructions: Add chickpeas to an even layer to your air fryer. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 13-16 minutes or until crisp.
- Oven instructions: Add chickpeas to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Roast at 425 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve and enjoy. Leftover chickpeas can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for 2 or so days.
Keywords: vegan cocoa puffs, healthy cocoa puffs
The chocolate flavor is spot on here and it oesn’t feel like eating chick peas, it feels like eating cereal. I will definitely make these again!!
thank you sam!