I am all about making healthier treats. Now that it is fall I am incorporating fresh apples into my desserts. This Salted Caramel Apple Bark with Dark Chocolate (vegan) is the perfect healthier fall treat.
This salted caramel apple bark is made with healthier for you ingredients like dark chocolate, apples and coconut oil. It is incredibly easy to make so it could be a perfect treat for kids. I could also see this being served as a halloween or thanksgiving treat.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan caramel apple bark is
- a healthy fall treat
- easy to make
What ingredients do I need to make salted caramel apple bark?
- dark chocolate
- coconut oil
- almond butter
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
How do I make vegan caramel apple bark?
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Spread a layer of dark chocolate on a sheet pan.
- Top chocolate with apples.
- Mix together caramel ingredients.
- Drizzle caramel over chocolate and apples.
- Freeze or refrigerate until set.
Other vegan fall treats to make
If you make this Salted Caramel Apple Bark with Dark Chocolate (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Salted Caramel Apple Bark with Dark Chocolate (vegan)
This salted caramel apple bark with dark chocolate (vegan) is the perfect healthy treat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Dark chocolate layer
- 4 dark chocolate barks - chopped (or about 2 cups of chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 medium chopped apples or 4 small chopped apples
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
+flaky sea salt to top
- Melt together chocolate and coconut oil. I melted mine in 2 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Add a layer of parchment paper to a sheet pan. Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate on the parchment paper.
- Top chocolate with apples. Add chocolate and apples to the fridge while you make your caramel sauce for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix together caramel sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle caramel over chocolate and apples. Sprinkle salt over caramel.
- Refrigerate bark for 1-3 hours until set, or freeze for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Bark can be stored in your fridge for about 3 days or in the freezer for months. I froze mine.