Introducing Crispy Baked Smashed Beets - the best way to enjoy beets. This is a recipe even beet haters will love. This recipe is seriously so delicious. The beets get crispy and sweet in the oven. It is also super easy to make, don't let the time commitment scare you, it is a mostly hands off recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
The beets are crispy and delicious.
This recipe is extremely easy to make.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
Add beets to boiling water and boil for 10-15 minutes.
Add beets to a sheet pan smash and then coat with oil and spices.
Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
- olive oil
- garlic powder
The extra beets can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 days. Keep in mind the beets will lose their crisp as time goes on.
You just need an oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Can I make these beets in an air fryer?
Yes, you can air fry these beets at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Where do I buy beets?
Most grocery stores have beets. As of right now (late spring) beets are also in season at your local farmers market!
What do beets taste like?
Contrary to popular belief, beets do not taste like dirt if cooked properly. These beets have a slightly sweet and starchy flavor similar to sweet potatoes or carrots.
- garlic powder & paprika - can be subbed with your favorite spices
Other veggie sides
If you make these Crispy Baked Smashed Beets, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Crispy Baked Smashed Beets
- 1 bunch beets - sliced into ~¼ inch thick rounds
- ~1 tablespoon oil
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add beets to boiling water. Boil for 10-15 minutes, until the beets are fork tender and can easily be smashed.
- Add beets to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure to pat off any excess water.
- Coat beets in oil, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Bake beets for 30-40 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisped.
- Serve beets with your favorite sauce or protein.