Creamy Miso Butternut Squash Butter Beans - a delicious fall vegan dinner recipe. These beans can be made in one pot in less than 30 minutes. These beans are so delicious and full of flavor while being simple and easy to make. This recipe is the kind you would never know is vegan - it is packed with flavor and so creamy.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes.
It is vegan, gluten free and grain free.
Thanks to the beans this recipe is full of plant protein.
Butternut squash gives these beans rich fall flavor.
No cleaning up a ton of dishes, this meal can be made in one pot.
- butternut squash
- vegetable broth
- miso paste
- nutritional yeast
- butter beans
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Butter beans - any white bean or even chickpeas would work.
- Cashews - can swap out ½ cup of the broth for coconut cream or sunflower seeds.
- Kale - any leafy green works here.
- Nutritional yeast - this helps with flavor but if you can't find it you can omit it.
- Leeks - half an onion can be subbed here but this will alter the flavor.
Cook leeks and garlic.
Add all remaining ingredients and simmer.
Mix sauce with beans and kale. Serve.
You can store the extra beans in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
If your sauce is too thick for your liking just add more vegetable broth.
Yes they are the same thing.
Butter beans are the protein source.
Yes, it is full of fiber and vitamins.
Other easy vegan + vegetarian meals
If you make these Creamy Miso Butternut Squash Butter Beans, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Creamy Miso Butternut Squash Butter Beans
- 1 blender
- 3 leeks - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small butternut squash - cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth add more if you want a thinner sauce but I wanted mine thick
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- ½ cup cashews sub sunflower seeds if allergic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale - ribbed and finely chopped
- 3 cups butter beans about 2 cans worth
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except for the beans and kale. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is cooked through.
- Add squash mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add beans to the skillet, pour sauce over beans. Add in kale and stir until wilted.
- Divide out and serve with crusty bread or your favorite sides and toppings.