One Pan Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Skillet - the perfect easy to make vegetarian dinner. This is a lazy girl (or guy) enchilada recipe. There is no cleaning multiple pans for this recipe as it is made in one skillet.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
The black beans and quinoa make this recipe high in plant protein.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Ingredients for healthy mashed potatoes
- sweet potato
- enchilada sauce
- chili powder
- black beans
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- black beans - Pinto beans are a good sub.
- cilantro - Parsley would be a good sub here.
- enchilada sauce - This can be subbed with more salsa.
- sweet potato - This can be subbed with butternut squash.
Cook sweet potatoes.
Add black beans and quinoa and cook more.
Add cheese and tortillas and cook.
Serve and enjoy.
You can store the extra enchilada skillet in a sealed container in your fridge for upt o 3 days.
Use a good quality cheese for the best tasting enchilada skillet.
Sweet potatoes can be difficult to get fully cooked, make sure to test them to make sure they are cooked. If needed add the lid to the skillet and cook for a few extra minutes.
Yes! Quinoa is gluten free.
Yes! They are full of fiber and minerals.
Other one pan meals
If you make this One Pan Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Skillet, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my lates
One Pan Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small sweet potato- diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 8-10 ounce package enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch cilantro - finely chopped
- 3-4 small tortillas - halved and cut into strips
- ½-3/4 cup shredded or grated cheese of choice
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, spices, salsa, cilantro and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add black beans and quinoa. Stir to combine and cook for 5 more minutes or until sweet potatoes are completely softened.
- Add tortilla strips and mix to combine. Top with cheese and cover pan and cook for about 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted.