Introducing - Harissa Chickpea Skillet with Leeks and Carrots (vegan), aka the easiest spring inspired recipe. This recipe is made in one skillet in less than 30 minutes with simple ingredients. The harissa adds the best flavor to this meal. It is packed with both plant protein and fiber.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
This recipe is the perfect vegan dinner.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan, high in protein and gluten free.
No cleaning up lots of dishes with this recipe - it is made in one pot in less than 30 minutes.
Thanks to the coconut milk this recipe is creamy and full of healthy fats.
Cook carrots, leeks and garlic.
Add all remaining ingredients and simmer.
Divide out and serve.
- nutritional yeast
- coconut milk
- vegetable broth
- tomato paste
The extra skillet can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need your stove top and a skillet for this recipe.
Is this a one pot recipe?
Yes, this is an easy, vegan and healthy one-pot recipe. It is ready in less than 30 minutes.
What is harissa?
Harissa is a spicy and peppery red chili paste that originally is from Tunisia.
What harissa do I like?
My favorite is Mina harissa, it has the best flavor!
- parsley- can be subbed with mint, basil or cilantro
- coconut milk - can be subbed with cashew cream
- nutritional yeast - can be subbed with parmesan
Other one pot recipes to try
If you make this Harissa Chickpea Skillet with Leeks and Carrots (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Harissa Chickpea Skillet with Leeks and Carrots (vegan)
- 3 leeks - finely sliced with the green tops removed
- 2 medium sized carrots - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- juice from ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup harissa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup parsley - finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- salt/pepper to taste I used about ½ teaspoon of salt
- Add a splash of oil to a skillet over medium heat along with the carrots and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all other remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
- Divide out mixture and serve with toasted sourdough or your favorite grain. This also tastes great topped with feta.