I am not a huge baker but I do love a sweet treat. If I am going to bake something, it needs to be easy and lower in sugar. These Chocolate Covered Banana Bites with Almond Butter (vegan) are an easy and delicious treat.
These banana bites only have 4 ingredients and are so easy to make. Since they are cold they make a fun summer treat. These banana bites would also be a fun treat for kids.
Let's get into the recipe.
These chocolate covered banana bites are
- healthy for you
- easy to make
- the perfect summer treat
- vegan, dairy free and gluten free
What ingredients do I need to make banana almond butter reeses?
- nut butter
- coconut oil
How do I make salted chocolate banana almond butter cups?
- Cover banana slices with almond butter and freeze
- Melt chocolate.
- Add chocolate and banana slices to muffins liners and freeze again.
- Dig in!
How do I store the leftover banana almond butter cups?
The leftover bites can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months or in your fridge for 2-3 days.
Other yummy plant based treats to try
If you make these Chocolate Covered Banana Bites with Almond Butter (vegan), please leave me a review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites with Almond Butter (vegan)
These chocolate covered banana bites with almond butter are a delicious way to eat bananas.
This makes about 12 bites
- 1 banana - cut into about 12 even slices
- almond butter or sub your favorite nut butter, can omit if allergic
- ~1 scant cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
+about 12 silicone or paper muffin liners, or a silicone muffin tray
- Top banana slices with a thin layer of nut butter. Add bananas to a plate or tray and freeze for ten minutes.
- Melt together coconut oil and chocolate until smooth.
- If using paper liners, add them to a muffin tray. If using silicone muffin liners or a silicone muffin tray you can skip that step.
- Add about 2 teaspoon of chocolate to each liner. Add bananas on top of chocolate adding one banana per liner. Pour over the remaining chocolate to mostly cover bananas. Top with flaky sea salt if desired.
- Freeze banana bites for 1-2 hours or until set. I don't like to bite into frozen banana so I only froze mine for 1 hour. Eat and enjoy.