Introducing - Chocolate Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Bites (high protein), your new favorite healthy treat. These ice cream bites taste like a healthier klondike bar. They are also a dupe off of one of my favorite treats - dream pops. Thanks to the cottage cheese these are high in protein. These are chocolate covered cottage cheese ice cream bliss.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
This recipe is the perfect healthy summer treat.
The recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and high in protein.
No turning on the oven for this recipe, it is a no bake dessert.
Blend together ice cream.
Add ice cream to muffin tin and freeze for 1-2 hours.
Dunk ice cream bites in chocolate and freeze until set.
Serve and enjoy!
- cottage cheese
- dark chocolate
- almond butter
- coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
The extra skillet can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
This salad requires no cooking, you just need a knife and a cutting board for this recipe.
What does cottage cheese ice cream taste like?
Cottage cheese ice cream does not taste exactly like ice cream, however it is pretty close. It has a tangy sweet flavor and is super creamy.
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes these ice cream bites are healthy, cottage cheese is high in protein and honey and dark chocolate are full of antioxidants.
- almond butter - can be subbed with peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- dark chocolate - can be subbed with milk chocolate, I don't suggest white because it is harder to melt down
Other no bake desserts
If you make this Chocolate Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Bites (high protein), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Chocolate Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Bites (high protein)
- Add cottage cheese, honey, vanilla and almond butter to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture into 1 inch layers in individual slots in a silicone muffin pan. Alternatively, you can use a tin muffin pan with liners. I made 10 evenly sized ice cream bites.
- Freeze cottage cheese mixture for 1-hours, until hard and frozen.
- Once cottage cheese pieces are frozen, melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil. I melted mine in 4 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each interval.
- Dunk each ice cream piece in chocolate and fully coat with chocolate. Add each bite to a sheet pan or plate lined with parchment paper. Freeze for about 5 more minutes, until chocolate is set.
- Extra bites can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to a week. If your teeth are sensitive like mine, let the bites sit out for 10 minutes to thaw out before eating.